How Can I Help Hedgehogs?... By creating a Hedgehog Friendly Garden :-)
Put together a plan of how you envisage your Hedgehog Awareness Area to look.
Find a suitable patch of land and write to your local Town or Parish Council, asking for permission to use it.
Once you have permission to use the piece of public land, start to research providers of the following items:
* Pine Cones
* Bamboo Canes
* Dried garden leaves
* Chicken Wire
* Soil/compost (and possibly raised planters if the ground isn't suitable)
* Plants / Wildflower seeds
* A skilled worker to sink and fix posts
* An information Board. Hedgehogs R Us can help with this. Click Here >> For more information.
Start fundraising / Asking for donations.
* Bingo / Race / Quiz night
* Local business sponsors
* Garden centres & local residents for plant donations
* Pallets from Builder's Merchants
* Grants from local council
Set a date and ask for help! Let the local residents know what you are planning to do and ask for volunteers.
Order everything you need in time for the planned date.
Start the project!
Stay safe and make sure you and all of your helpers follow Health and Safety Guidelines at all times.
Enjoy your new Hedgehog Awareness Area.
Be proud that you have created an area of education, a place for nature, and have helped to create a better future for Hedgehogs.
Check out the video of the Market Weighton Hedgehog Awareness Area below.